It’s right in your own campus. While it may be hard to believe, roughly fifty thousand Aggies don’t even know how to avoid the crippling burden of a handful of flyers.
In buildings just like your Wehner or your roommate’s Blocker, there are many who need help. Join Aggies across campus who are coming together with The Mugdown to end these burdens.
Start today. It can be as easy as wearing headphones while walking through the MSC or simply getting tips from a random article on the internet. Whatever level of involvement is right for you, we’ve made it simple to find and avoid people in your area.
- Keep your hands busy and full: water bottles, books, and phones work wonders. If your hands are full you are less likely to be approached (unless they are the aggressive passer-outer that does everything but stuff the paper into your pocket).
- Just keep walking, walking, walking. Take a little advice from Dory (on dry land). Don’t worry, because you were hidden by that crowd of people, those flyer distributors totally won’t realize you just completely ignored them.
- Avoid eye contact at all cost. Whether you are looking straight ahead with confidence, down at the ground like it might fall out from underneath you, or at your ever-handy iPhone, not looking them in the eye like real people will usually do the trick.
- Politely take the flyer from the kind person and dispose of it in the nearest out of sight recycling container. There is always one nearby. We have all been stuck on flyer duty before—the least you can do is humor us.
- DO NOT go near the doors on the east side of the MSC or near Rudder Plaza or Academic Plaza.
Problem solved, in theory. But it still afflicts many. Please, if you have any family, friends, or loved ones that are on or could one day be on campus, talk to them about flyers—before someone else does.